Acquired.

Last month, we tried an OPK (Ovulation Predictor Kit).  They come in many varieties, brands, colors, and styles.  Bottom line, you pee on it, and it tells you if you are fertile.  Sweet. Can this be any easier?  Right.

I decided on the ClearBlue Digital Test because then I wouldn't have to mess with lines.  This pops up with a little smiley face if you are going to be fertile.  I was afraid that it would give me a frowny face if I wasn't.  As if my self-esteem needs another kick in the pants.  Luckily, just a circle appears if you are not fertile.  There is a version of this monitor that is like the Cadillac of fertility monitors, but I was terrified that the more expensive I got, the more advanced it would be.  Could you imagine a monitor that talked to you?  For $200, it had better verbally tell me if my eggs-a-ready. 

[In creepy woman's robot voice]

"Sor-ry, you are not fer-tile to-day.  Please ur-i-nate on the test stick at 4:30 p-m cen-tral stan-dard time on No-vem-ber 19, 2009.  Have a nice day."

Anyway, I was overjoyed when I got the smiley face last month, and by my lack of blogs about a Big Fat Positive, you can see how the kit worked out for us.

So, we are going to try it again.  I went today to buy the test sticks ONLY, because I already have the little digital thingie that you pop the sticks into.  Let me clarify that I did NOT buy the Cadillac, but rather a $30 one that had 7 sticks.  I went in thinking that I would just get some sticks, drop a few bucks on the counter, and skip outta the Walgreens with my schtuff.  Remember how it felt when Mom gave you a quarter to buy a gumball or sticky hand out of the machines?  That was me a few hours ago.

They don't only sell the sticks.  It should be called the "ClearBlue Money Maker Monitor".  Another 30 bucks for a whole new kit.  Sigh.  When this kid does finally get here, how will I feed and clothe it, if I spent all my cash-ola on OPK's?

But, I got it.  Acquired.  I'm ready to get a peein'.  Bring on the smileys.

Today's Cut:

Comments

Adriana Davies said…
Good luck! BTW you were making me laugh so hard when I was imagining that creepy lady robot voice LOL
Adriana Davies said…
Good luck! BTW you were making me laugh so hard when I was imagining that creepy lady robot voice LOL
TW said…
Is it weird to say that I hope your pee gives you a smiley face on a stick? I wonder if you eat asparagus (did I spell that right? Since I do not eat it-I do not know how to spell it!)if the stick would then produce a scrunched up face holding it's nose. Happy pee thoughts going your way.
TW said…
Is it weird to say that I hope your pee gives you a smiley face on a stick? I wonder if you eat asparagus (did I spell that right? Since I do not eat it-I do not know how to spell it!)if the stick would then produce a scrunched up face holding it's nose. Happy pee thoughts going your way.
Good luck Marybeth! HUGS!
Good luck Marybeth! HUGS!
Holly said…
Wow that's expensive! I hope it works this time! I tried the OPK's one month and they worked all wacky for me which prolly means I'm all out of whack.
Holly said…
Wow that's expensive! I hope it works this time! I tried the OPK's one month and they worked all wacky for me which prolly means I'm all out of whack.
I got a nice chuckle out of your blog and the other comments posted. Here's to a smiley face!!!! <3 Brandy
I got a nice chuckle out of your blog and the other comments posted. Here's to a smiley face!!!! <3 Brandy
Salma said…
Oh my, I am so there and I was joking about the same thing (when the future baby comes will we even have money). I spent $60 on opk that didn't make a difference. Oh well. Good luck.

Salma

Popular Posts