Simplicity.


Today the most amazing thing happened to me.  It came unexpectedly.  It didn't go unnoticed.

Today, for the first time since we lost Quinn, someone told me I looked happy.

I'd like to think that I'm currently seeing the world through rose colored spectacles, but I didn't think that I emitted that joy to others.  Is there a certain thing that I am happy about?  Yes.  Let me count the ways:

I can run. I'm leaving for a good one after this post.
My husband loves me.  And I know this.  He told me so.
Today, the sun came out.  I saw a rainbow.
My dog licked my face when I got home.
I was given the opportunity to teach children today.
I'll spend a gorgeous fall day up in the trees tomorrow.
My abs and arms hurt from a great workout last night.
A student asked me about my footprint tattoo.

I could continue listing the beautiful things surrounding me right now, like the breeze coming through the open window, or how I can smell the cookies baking next door.  My senses are alive right now, I actually do feel happy.  And it's not about anything special.  Simple happiness.  Simplicity.  Maybe my zen has returned on its own.

Today, is a good day.  I'm excited to let the sweating begin!

Comments

Aunt Terry said…
You have an Aunt and Uncle who along with your three cousins love you too! You can take that to the bank! It's a beautiful day!
Aunt Terry said…
You have an Aunt and Uncle who along with your three cousins love you too! You can take that to the bank! It's a beautiful day!
Anonymous said…
and a mother and father who love you unconditionally...and happy to see our sen master here!
Anonymous said…
and a mother and father who love you unconditionally...and happy to see our sen master here!
Yaoooo said…
Honestly, I knew you would find it...your zen. I'm glad that it's slowly coming back to you...

Love,
Yao
Yaoooo said…
Honestly, I knew you would find it...your zen. I'm glad that it's slowly coming back to you...

Love,
Yao
Tina said…
It makes me happy to hear you are so happy! Thanks for sharing this. Sometimes it is hard to feel this way, but other times is just happens. xx
Tina said…
It makes me happy to hear you are so happy! Thanks for sharing this. Sometimes it is hard to feel this way, but other times is just happens. xx
TW said…
So glad to hear you are having a good day. Here's to many, many more good days to come!
TW said…
So glad to hear you are having a good day. Here's to many, many more good days to come!

Popular Posts