Am I Awake?
The last post was all flashy with new pictures of us in all our fancy pants, witnessing marital bliss. What I didn't mention was some of the weird happenings that started when our vacation did, and has continued on to today.
What I'm talking about is signs. Not stop signs or gang signs, but symbols that you may have between another person that means something special to only you. Those signs.
Frank and I have lots. After knowing someone for most of your life, you sure do have some pretty amazing inside jokes. I'm certain that people are annoyed by this, but I am so over what other people think.
Scene: Frank and I are getting ready to board the plane to Mexico, with both of us feeling pretty bummed we can't sit next to each other. Sure, we are right across the aisle, but I guess that everlasting pick-up game of "Gin" will have to wait. I settle in to my seat, only to notice a wide-eyed little boy sitting in front of Frank (diagonal from me), with piercing blue eyes, and almost white blond hair. He had to have been about 18 months old.
Quinn.
My new buddy and I smiled and made funny faces and played peek-a-boo for the duration of our trip out to Mexico. All 3 hours and 10 minutes. And, then I never saw him again.
Scene: Last week, I spent a warm spring day with my dog. Just before taking her in for dinner, I noticed a small monarch butterfly cross my path. It landed on my arm rest, fluttered it's wings, and flew away.
Scene: Frank and I went out and ran some errands on a Friday night two weeks ago, and then had some dinner. We checked out at Walmart, behind a woman with a newborn. We walked into Target, and a baby (a different one!) started to cry. We sat down to eat dinner, only to be seated next to a family, and one of the family members was.... you guessed it, a baby.
Scene: Frank plays the lotto each time he pumps gas, placing $1 on the numbers 219 (Q's birthday). The last winning number he checked was 119, which would be my due date, if this month works out for us.
Scene: I am subbing last week for a 5th grade class. The teacher left me a folder of items to copy for her, if I got the chance. The folder's contents? The Human Reproductive System, including baby development.
There are more, but I've been so overwhelmed with them, it's been tough to jot them all down. Since we met our new buddy on the plane, we've been looking around more. Maybe there's a reason?
What I'm talking about is signs. Not stop signs or gang signs, but symbols that you may have between another person that means something special to only you. Those signs.
Frank and I have lots. After knowing someone for most of your life, you sure do have some pretty amazing inside jokes. I'm certain that people are annoyed by this, but I am so over what other people think.
Scene: Frank and I are getting ready to board the plane to Mexico, with both of us feeling pretty bummed we can't sit next to each other. Sure, we are right across the aisle, but I guess that everlasting pick-up game of "Gin" will have to wait. I settle in to my seat, only to notice a wide-eyed little boy sitting in front of Frank (diagonal from me), with piercing blue eyes, and almost white blond hair. He had to have been about 18 months old.
Quinn.
My new buddy and I smiled and made funny faces and played peek-a-boo for the duration of our trip out to Mexico. All 3 hours and 10 minutes. And, then I never saw him again.
Scene: Last week, I spent a warm spring day with my dog. Just before taking her in for dinner, I noticed a small monarch butterfly cross my path. It landed on my arm rest, fluttered it's wings, and flew away.
Scene: Frank and I went out and ran some errands on a Friday night two weeks ago, and then had some dinner. We checked out at Walmart, behind a woman with a newborn. We walked into Target, and a baby (a different one!) started to cry. We sat down to eat dinner, only to be seated next to a family, and one of the family members was.... you guessed it, a baby.
Scene: Frank plays the lotto each time he pumps gas, placing $1 on the numbers 219 (Q's birthday). The last winning number he checked was 119, which would be my due date, if this month works out for us.
Scene: I am subbing last week for a 5th grade class. The teacher left me a folder of items to copy for her, if I got the chance. The folder's contents? The Human Reproductive System, including baby development.
There are more, but I've been so overwhelmed with them, it's been tough to jot them all down. Since we met our new buddy on the plane, we've been looking around more. Maybe there's a reason?

Comments
Fingers crossed.