Knee.

Shake Your Ass To This:

Diner - Martin Sexton

I'm not sure if you all know this, but running is a part of my mental stability.  I need to run.  I look forward to getting home and strapping on the shoes and getting out there.  I'm not fast, or Kenyan, so I really don't care about times or even distances.  I used to care about that, but now I just appreciate that I can be... out there.

I've torn a major ligament in my left knee twice, and had that same knee surgically repaired 3 times.  Once was from a direct hip shot to the side of the knee during a soccer game in high school, and the second time was bungee jumping in Mexico.  Yes, I was drunk (sorry Mom).

I saw the doctor early last week for some pain I've been experiencing for several weeks now.  The last time I ran was the day before Halloween, and I dragged my leg behind me for the next 7 days after that.  For me to be sidelined for nearly a month is unheard of, and is taking a toll on my sanity.

Yesterday was GOR-GEOUS here in northern Illinois.  I took my bike out and was able to ride.  Not as great as running, but a close 2nd.  And, I got a flat tire.  20 minutes in.  I walked the bike home, and put it back in the basement, in storage for the winter.  Really karma, WTF did I ever do to you???

But, no knee pain today.  I did a jig this morning, because I anticipated a sore knee, and a horrible day.

Here's my jig, to the above song:








Comments

Lol love the song, and Im imagining a silly little jig along with it! We all have to find our joy again someway and Im glad that you have running/biking for that! *HUGS*
Lol love the song, and Im imagining a silly little jig along with it! We all have to find our joy again someway and Im glad that you have running/biking for that! *HUGS*
Once A Mother said…
i envy you, truly i do. i run... but i hate it. it's a means to an end. i have always wanted to be one of those people who loved to run. i am so happy you have found something that brings you joy. thinking of you, and as always, remembering sweet Quinn.
Once A Mother said…
i envy you, truly i do. i run... but i hate it. it's a means to an end. i have always wanted to be one of those people who loved to run. i am so happy you have found something that brings you joy. thinking of you, and as always, remembering sweet Quinn.
Kris said…
That is some wicked hair. All for a little jig now and then. Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, woo hoo, get down tonight.
Kris said…
That is some wicked hair. All for a little jig now and then. Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, woo hoo, get down tonight.
LiLu said…
"...running is a part of my mental stability."

That is about the best way I've ever heard it put. :-)
LiLu said…
"...running is a part of my mental stability."

That is about the best way I've ever heard it put. :-)
Yaoooo said…
your hair looks different ;)
Yaoooo said…
your hair looks different ;)
Tina said…
So glad to hear your knee is feeling good. And I think karma needs its ass kicked!! xx
Tina said…
So glad to hear your knee is feeling good. And I think karma needs its ass kicked!! xx

Popular Posts