Silent.

I haven't posted on here for a while, because my last post was such a positive one, amongst all the negative and heartwrenching other posts, that I wanted to leave it up there for a while.  Before I decided to post here today, I flipped through all the posts, and reflected on this journey.  Our story of Quinn has almost come to its year mark.  From the time we found out about him as a little bean deep in my belly, to a broken foot at 8 weeks playing soccer, to our announcement of him at Thanksgiving, to the excitement of welcoming the year 2009, to me finally showing, to Frank finding out he was going to have a son, to our eventual loss of our first born child.  Seven months have passed since February, and...well, I'm at a loss for words, really.

Frank and I have held tight to each other - the 23 weeks we had Quinn we held each other in excitement.  The last 7 months we've held each other in anguish.  We have now had a lost baby longer than we had one with a heartbeat.



Comments

Tina said…
This is such a difficult realization. To know we have lived without our sweet babies longer than we lived with them simply hurts. I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and your sweet Quinn. xx
Tina said…
This is such a difficult realization. To know we have lived without our sweet babies longer than we lived with them simply hurts. I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you and your sweet Quinn. xx
Thinking and praying for you, Frank, and your sweet Quinn. *Hugs*
Thinking and praying for you, Frank, and your sweet Quinn. *Hugs*
Once A Mother said…
I am so sorry that Quinn is not with you. I remember it hit me really hard when Peyton was gone nine months. I wrote a post at the time "nine months in womb, nine months in tomb." the equillibreum of time together and time apart really hit me hard. sending you prayers for peace in your heart.
Once A Mother said…
I am so sorry that Quinn is not with you. I remember it hit me really hard when Peyton was gone nine months. I wrote a post at the time "nine months in womb, nine months in tomb." the equillibreum of time together and time apart really hit me hard. sending you prayers for peace in your heart.
Gina said…
Hi Mary Beth,
I am so sorry to read of the loss of your 1st son. I couldn't imagine what you and your husband are going through.
I had a miscarriage after my 1st child, and all the things you wrote to 'say' and 'not say' on your side bar, was everything I felt too.
I just want everyone to read your side bar, coz it was spot on!
I have just said a special prayer for Quinn, you and your husband before writing this.
Quinn has very loving parents.
God bless.
Gina said…
Hi Mary Beth,
I am so sorry to read of the loss of your 1st son. I couldn't imagine what you and your husband are going through.
I had a miscarriage after my 1st child, and all the things you wrote to 'say' and 'not say' on your side bar, was everything I felt too.
I just want everyone to read your side bar, coz it was spot on!
I have just said a special prayer for Quinn, you and your husband before writing this.
Quinn has very loving parents.
God bless.

Popular Posts