Sixteen.
I saw the doctor earlier this week for a second blood draw of the preliminary tests for any genetic disorders, and a measurement of the heartbeat. Baby Stan is right where he should be, and he continues to thump away in there. Sometimes he surprises me, and sometimes I can see a pattern. He likes to thump after breakfast still, and sometimes after dinner, but not always. My belly is growing out, and quicker than I had expected.
I interviewed for and got a teaching job which starts late August. My employer doesn't know yet that we are expecting in January, and I'm not sure if I have enough big shirts to wear until I feel comfortable telling them. No parent likes a pregnant teacher, especially one that will be gone for 6-8 weeks of the school year. At least it's fifth grade, and the age is more accepting and less needy.
Frank and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this past weekend with dinner and a comedy show with Jon Lovitz. "I can't believe it's been 6 years, it feels like it's been twenty!" is what he said to me. Love that man.
As you can see, this was a busy and exciting week for me! We see Baby Stan again on September 8th (in week 20) for our gender ultrasound. I hope that I can hide behind more big shirts until after then. I think that would be a good time to tell my boss!
I'm not sure if you all noticed, but I've been taking my belly shots in the same place every other week or so. This tan wall behind me is the beginnings of Baby Stan's nursery. I thought it would be neat to not only watch my body grow and change, but also see the changes to the room behind me.
Frank and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this past weekend with dinner and a comedy show with Jon Lovitz. "I can't believe it's been 6 years, it feels like it's been twenty!" is what he said to me. Love that man.
As you can see, this was a busy and exciting week for me! We see Baby Stan again on September 8th (in week 20) for our gender ultrasound. I hope that I can hide behind more big shirts until after then. I think that would be a good time to tell my boss!
I'm not sure if you all noticed, but I've been taking my belly shots in the same place every other week or so. This tan wall behind me is the beginnings of Baby Stan's nursery. I thought it would be neat to not only watch my body grow and change, but also see the changes to the room behind me.



Comments