We'll go back about a week or so...
Today I am 5 weeks along. But since I haven't started this until now, I thought I'd go back a few days for those just getting here.
First, let me interject that I never had any intention of blogging about any of this. I've never blogged before now. Bloggers have a certain underground lifestyle I know nothing about. Plus, blog is a weird word.
The beginning...
So, I was supposed to run the Chicago Marathon on October 12th. Let me clarify that I really didn't think it was a good idea to run the race with the knee pain I was having, not because there was a chance I was expecting. I probably would've run it anyway, had my training gone the way it should've. I trained way too hard in the beginning and fell apart at the end. But you didn't come here to talk about running.
I actually did my first OTC test on Marathon Day. There was two lines, one being faint. Whoops. I made dinner, and told Frank that he'd probably have to cancel his fishing trip in June. Whoops. We decided to wait a week and test again.
The test was 2 definite pink lines before I could get my pants buttoned. I guess that means that I should call the doctor to confirm. But I can't today, because I have to work at the gym, and then help host a baby shower for Ann. Am I in the mood for the questions?
"When is it your turn?"
"You're next!"
"Aren't you two ready yet?"
and my favorite from Gigi, "God willing I'm alive to see your children!"
If only they all knew.
I thought my mom was going to crash the car when I told her on the way home from the shower! And my Dad's reaction (the mouth open, eyes bugged) was classic. So for all of you out there just joining us, they've known all along. Did they keep it a secret???
We'll be posting as the days turn to months, and the belly gets further and further out. We might even slap some pictures on here of the belly for you all to heckle at. Is there a way for me to be pregnant and keep my six-pack abs? If I found a way, I'd be rich.
First, let me interject that I never had any intention of blogging about any of this. I've never blogged before now. Bloggers have a certain underground lifestyle I know nothing about. Plus, blog is a weird word.
The beginning...
So, I was supposed to run the Chicago Marathon on October 12th. Let me clarify that I really didn't think it was a good idea to run the race with the knee pain I was having, not because there was a chance I was expecting. I probably would've run it anyway, had my training gone the way it should've. I trained way too hard in the beginning and fell apart at the end. But you didn't come here to talk about running.
I actually did my first OTC test on Marathon Day. There was two lines, one being faint. Whoops. I made dinner, and told Frank that he'd probably have to cancel his fishing trip in June. Whoops. We decided to wait a week and test again.
The test was 2 definite pink lines before I could get my pants buttoned. I guess that means that I should call the doctor to confirm. But I can't today, because I have to work at the gym, and then help host a baby shower for Ann. Am I in the mood for the questions?
"When is it your turn?"
"You're next!"
"Aren't you two ready yet?"
and my favorite from Gigi, "God willing I'm alive to see your children!"
If only they all knew.
I thought my mom was going to crash the car when I told her on the way home from the shower! And my Dad's reaction (the mouth open, eyes bugged) was classic. So for all of you out there just joining us, they've known all along. Did they keep it a secret???
We'll be posting as the days turn to months, and the belly gets further and further out. We might even slap some pictures on here of the belly for you all to heckle at. Is there a way for me to be pregnant and keep my six-pack abs? If I found a way, I'd be rich.

Comments